HIAWATHA TRADITIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL LOVES ITS VOLUNTEERS!
From our Volunteer Area Coordinator, Adam Mohrman: “Welcome to our new Volunteer Sign-Up system. We hope you find it easier to find the perfect volunteer shift and more convenient to sign up. You should receive a confirmation email once you complete your submission.”
If you have any challenges with our new system, please contact Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for volunteering your time to make our 41st Festival the best ever! Hiawatha loves its Volunteers!
Sign for the 41st Festival July 19-21. 2019 will begin May 15th.
- Thursday, May 30th – Hiawatha Office on Third St. – 5-8pm
- Thursday, June 24 at the City of Marquette Art Week kick off concert with Finvarra’s Wren at the Commons, downtown Marquette
- Thursday, TBA- Blackrock’s on Third Street – 2019 Blackrock’s Hiawatha Beer Release Party!
- Thursday, July 11 – Hiawatha Office on Baraga Aave – 5-8pm LAST DAY OF ADVANCED TICKET SALES! Join us at the Ore Dock on this night for our Hiawatha Kick-off concert with Them Coulee Boys at 8:30- Midnight!
Please DO NOT sign up to volunteer if you think there is a possibility of not being able to work your shift. NO SHOWS are a NO-NO! It places a hardship on everyone. We keep track of no-shows and you may not be able to sign up again in the future to work if you are a no-show!
Please consider signing up for a Security or Traffic shift, especially on Saturday or Sunday! Clean up shifts are also available on Monday after the Festival, especially on our Green Team! These are some of the most important shifts of the weekend and ones that many folks pass over. If we all share in these important shifts, it makes for a smooth and SAFE Festival! Note that some (but not all) of those hard to fill Security and Traffic shifts count 3 shifts for 2 shifts and you receive your full benefits for being willing to work some hard to fill shifts.
All Vounteers should read and review the Hiawatha Traditional Music Festival Volunteer Handbook prior to a shift. These can be picked up at any Volunteer Sign up and at the Info Tent.
All Volunteers are expected to wear their wristbands in a visible spot at all times. Volunteers must arrive at the Info Tent within 15 minutes of the beginning of their shift to sign in. Sometimes the line is long, so allow time to get signed in and then walk to your post. At the end of your shift, please have a Monitor sign your Volunteer Card. Once you have your Card signed, you may receive your compensation at the Info Tent Volunteer Station.
If you are unable to attend or work your shift, please come to the Info Tent as soon as possible so we can try to find a replacement.
As a Volunteer you are representing the Hiawatha Traditional Music Festival, so please be pleasant and helpful to all Festival attendees. Our Security Volunteers are present to keep the Festival safe. Please be sure to contact any Security Volunteers to report any unsafe situations.
If you’re a doctor, nurse or EMT, please contact us if you can help in the First Aid Tent.
The Hiawatha Music Co-op does NOT allow the consumption of alcohol before or during a Volunteer Shift. Anyone who is in violation of this rule will have their Shift immediately ended and will forfeit compensation for that shift.
All Volunteers, please review the link below, “2017 Handling Problems” to review the general Chain of Command at the Festival.
Festival volunteers receive:
- A Festival t-shirt for one three-hour shift;
- A t-shirt and reimbursement of half your advance ticket price for two three-hour shifts;
- A t-shirt and reimbursement for your full advance ticket price for three three-hour shifts.
- Lots and lots of thank-yous and kudos for being a super Hiawatha Volunteer!!!!
Please remember: you must purchase a ticket before working a shift.