Festival 40th anniversary Festival Logo Contest
Congratulations to Mark Rizzardi for his winning 2018 poster submission!
Information regarding the 2019 Logo Contest can be found below. Submissions will be due in the fall of 2018.
Image should include: the year, dates and location of the Festival. For the 2019 contest: 41th Annual, July 19-21, 2019 , Marquette Tourist Park.
We are looking for an image that represents the Hiawatha Experience and is colorful and graphically appealing. Image should relate to Hiawatha, music, dance and/or the surroundings, and should reflect a family oriented, traditional music event. Please see our Logo Art Archive page for past logo art and posters.
We are looking for an image that will work well printed on a poster, silkscreened on a T-shirt, and that can be simplified to use printed on a mug.
All artwork must be original – this means absolutely no clip art, or elements that look like clip art! The selection committee encourages and will give special consideration to workable hand drawn artwork.
A maximum of four colors may be used in the design, this Includes Black and White.
Lettering must be correct, and easy to read.
Pencil drawings and blended or gradient colors do not reproduce well. Line drawing with solid or drop in color is best. Fine line detail is often lost or will not show/reproduce well for our purposes.
Please, No Electronic Submissions! You may create your entry electronically but you must send your entry on paper. We will only consider entries on paper.
Please understand that some of the vintage logos were created using techniques that we can no longer accept. Please be sure your design follows the guidelines above. Thank you!
All submitted entries, images and artwork become exclusive property of the Hiawatha Music Non-Profit Corporation.
All entries are recorded and numbered by someone not involved in the selection. The Hiawatha Festival Committee and Music Co-op Board of Directors do not see the entrant’s name until after the final selection is made.
Hiawatha reserves the right to reject any and all entries; to reconsider entries from previous years; and to request reasonable minor design modifications from the proposed winner.
Please review the contract that the winner must agree to and sign should their artwork be selected pdf General Contract
Please contact the Hiawatha office if you have questions. 906-226-8575, noon to 6 p.m., Tuesdays and Wednesdays, email@example.com
Please send your artwork to:
Hiawatha Music Co-op
PO Box 414
Marquette, MI 49855
Recent Festival Logo Winners
- Ruby Troxell, Escanaba, Michigan 2017
- Michael Brunet, London, England, 2016
- Abby Lane, Rochester Hills, Michigan, 2015
- Niikah Hatfield, Marquette, Michigan, 2014
- Rick Crowley, Marquette, Michigan, 2013
- Katie Webber, Marquette, Michigan, 2012
- Joanna Otremba, Torun, Poland, 2011
- Mary Beil, Fort Shaw, Montana, 2010
- Mary Beil, Fort Shaw, Montana, 2009
- Melissa Miron, Northern Michigan University, 2008
- Mark Rizzardi, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2007
- Pam Metiver, Sault Ste Marie, Michigan, 2006
- Mark Nowicki, Marquette Michigan, 2005
- Mark Rizzardi, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2004
- Mark Nowicki, Marquette, Michigan, 2003
Children only t-shirt design contest- Deadline for 2018 submission is Monday, May 1st!!!
Every year we receive a number of logo entries from some very talented young artists! While these designs aren’t quite what we need for the posters and OfficialT-shirts, we wanted to give these aspiring artists a chance to show off their artistic talent, and their Hiawatha Spirit!
For the third year we are accepting submissions for a children’s T-shirt contest. The contest will be open to children ages 5-12. The winning design will be printed in black ink on a white shirt, and can be purchased at the festival for $5. Children who purchase a shirt will have the opportunity to add color to their shirt in the Children’s Area. The Winner receives $50 cash and a free T-shirt.
Submission Guidelines For The Children’s T-shirt Contest
- Artists must be between the ages of 5 and 12.
- We will accept line drawings only.
- The image must be clear and easy to identify. Please use marker or ink. Pencil drawings don’t reproduce well.
- All work must be original and created and completed by the child artist. (Parents please refrain from helping!) Image should represent the Hiawatha experience, such as the music, the surroundings, family fun, etc.