Executive Director position opens
January 5, 2021
Do you want to be a part of an amazing organization that helps to enhance Arts programming in the Marquette area? Enjoy Traditional music and see the value in helping to preserve its history and help new and seasoned musicians to reach audiences? The Hiawatha Music Co-op (HMC), a Michigan-based 501(c3) nonprofit organization, is seeking a passionate individual to take on the role of Executive Director as its current ED transitions into retirement.
The Executive Director is responsible for all operations, programming and activities and serves as the face of the organization. In this role, the ED will provide strategic direction and implement the vision of the organization and motivate staff, committee members and volunteers through a holistic approach to managing the operations of the organization. The overall goal of the position is to lead the organization towards the realization of its mission through the effective management and development of resources.
This is a .6 full-time equivalent position(1,200-1,400 annual hours) with highly variable hours and seasonal focus – March through August on annual Festival event planning and implementation (average 20-40 hours per week Spring/Summer) and more flexible scheduling around programming and activities September through February (average 12-20 hours per week Fall/Winter). The ED reports directly to the 10 Member Board of Directors and has oversight over part-time office staff and volunteers. A significant portion of work is supported through the help of committees and volunteers.
• Minimum: High School Diploma
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum: two-to-four years in program management; supervisory experience
• Preferred: four-to- six years in non-profit management or related field.
• Working knowledge of PC business applications (i.e., QuickBooks, Square, Payroll and Tax Payment, WooCommerce/ Word Press, Google Suite, Mac/Apple Products, Canva, Stripe Credit Card)
• Excellent human relation and oral/written communication
• Excellent project management and organizational abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and organizations
Salary commensurate with qualifications, starting at $15/hour depending on experience and background. Benefit package includes paid sick and vacation time, holiday pay, a family Festival package value/$1,000, flexible schedule, use of laptop for remote work, scheduled bonus and cost of living increase with additional bonus potential.
A letter of interest, resume and 3 recent references should be submitted to:
Board of Director President, Julie Foster-Lindquist
Hiawatha Music Co-op
P.O. Box 414
Marquette, MI 48955
Or email to:
Hiawatha Music Co-op is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information and to view the full Job Description, click here: